The idea for Music Markets came up in 1999 as a print magazine that explored the ways people involved in music could collaborate and get good new music out there. It was going to be launched by the company I worked for in 2001, then 11th September happened.
- 1986 – first job for West Sussex County Times doing the wedding pages.
- 1993 – graduated from art college
- 1995-2004 – live events promoter for new live bands in various London venues including Laurel Tree, Camden, Mean Fiddler, Harlesden and 333 Old Street, London.
- 1997 – postgrad cert in periodical journalism at London College of Communication
- 1998 – 2000 – health issues writer for Camden New Journal and theatre critic. Also theatre reviews for London Newspaper Group.
- 2011 – MA in professional writing, mostly script and non-fiction
I have just launched Sweet Sound PR to provide journalistic writing, blogging, PR and promotion services for music artists’ new releases and to increase their global profile, with my main client: Matchbox Recordings, providing this service for their roster of talent.
I do a weekly radio show on SourceFM as well as writing reviews and other stuff for newspapers such as the West Briton and various magazines.
Music Markets Blog covers the commercial, chart and dance genres with news, reviews, gossip and views on the current music scene. Blog contains great new songs in these genres.
Please sign up to subscribe to this blog or get in contact on email@example.com music PR, press release and bio writing, new release promotion plug bolt-on services from an established music company, including plugging and distribution.